Thursday, October 15, 2009

Triathlon #2

I've fallen behind in my posts once again but I thought I'd post a few pictures of Ben's second triathlon... yes, I think this is becoming a hobby! This one was in McKinney so we didn't have to drive far at all, and we got to sleep in our own beds! I took both kids to watch Daddy do this one. Good thing we had donuts to eat and acorns to gather :)

Here's Ben lined up and waiting his turn to jump into the cold lake water!

Here they are swimming in the lake. Can you tell which one is Ben? I couldn't either.

Waiting for Daddy... little did we know at the time but Ben had a flat tire on his bike and was having a difficult time changing it! It added about 40 minutes to his race.

But finally here he comes into the transition area, ready to park his bike and start his run. I don't have a picture of him finishing his swim because I was dealing with the kids and I couldn't see which swimmer he was anyway.

Starting the run, a 5K.

Finishing the race!
There were lots of acorns on the ground near the finish line, so Lila had a grand time gathering as many as she could (we put them back before we left!).

I am super proud of Ben for finishing, despite his unplanned flat tire and added time. I am not sure I would have continued on after that - but he did, and now he's ready to try another one!

No comments: