Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart Check

Today I took Lila to be registered for preschool. She was so excited! We got to see all the classrooms, playground and gym. She wanted to go in the gym and play with the kids. I think she would have sat down in one of the classroom chairs and stayed if she was allowed.

It actually did me a world of good to go and see what all she will be doing. I am excited for all the fun things she will do, and I'm looking forward to have some undivided attention time with Wyatt. This coming fall will be a big transition but I think, a good one. Even though part of me wants to hold on to my kids forever, a bigger part of me wants to champion them to be the best they can be - and I think she is going to have a blast. :)

Of course, this also made me feel the oldest I've felt in awhile. We are just one step closer to kindergarten! How can that be already?? :)

(The above picture is Lila helping me decorate Valentine's cookies... just in case you were wondering!)

2 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

What a big step. How many days and hours per week will she be at preschool? It makes it so much easier when your kid is excited about going to school.

ameybc said...

We signed up for 2 days a week, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. We were torn b/c we know she will love it, but we also thought it might be nice to have the flexibility that comes along with having Monday and Friday free (long weekend trips). Plus Wyatt is going to miss having her around... I will probably here "Lila?" every 5 minutes for the first few days :)