Friday, October 7, 2011

We Love Trucks!

Can you believe that next week this guy will be three? Yep, three. Not four or five. Three. In fact, I struggle most times to remember that he is only two and not already three. He has been the size of a three year old for quite some time. When he plays with Lila, it is easy to think that they are my "older" kids. But in reality, Wyatt is closer in age to Piper. I asked Lila once if she remembered Wyatt being born. She didn't. Life has never existed for her without Wyatt. I feel that way too. Has it been only three years since this little guy came into our lives? It feels like longer. 

Wyatt has had a fascination with construction vehicles, fire trucks, garbage trucks, etc. for a while. And he loves to play outside in the dirt, so it's natural that those two things would go together.

Here he is filling his little dump truck with dirt to empty into his big dump truck.

In the past month, he has discovered Bob the Builder and LOVES the Bob videos. So now we know construction vehicles by their Bob names... Scoop (backhoe), Dizzy (cement truck), Lofty (crane)... you get the idea. 

Lucky for him, I didn't try to plant any new flowers this spring in my flower boxes. (Lucky for me too - they probably wouldn't have survived our extreme temps and drought this year.)

Dumping the dirt.

Getting more dirt.

Then I suggested he move his big dump truck closer.

Yes, this will go faster now :)

What prompted me to go outside with my camera in the first place was I saw him sitting on the window ledge. But of course, by the time I got out there he had moved on. So I had to convince him to sit back down for me and then I had to coax a smile. Here are the outtakes :)

Perhaps you remember Wyatt's cute mispronunciation of pancakes? Well, he says that word correctly now, but he still has a few things he doesn't say quite right. Like the restaurant Which Wich - he says Switch Wich :)

He loves to watch the garbage trucks go down our street, and he loves to help me pull up the trash cans once they are empty.

He also loves to help me in the kitchen and will pull over a chair to "help". He also likes to help with the dishes (which usually just involves dumping water from one cup to another -- and ends when he gets water on the floor or all down his shirt).

His favorite word to say is "duck". He says it frequently and randomly. He laughs whenever he says it. When Ben was in Germany and we made a little video to send him, I asked the kids if they wanted to tell Daddy anything. Lila said "I love you Daddy." Wyatt said "duck!" Then he laughed.

And here's another photo to put in the "embarrassing wedding photos" stockpile. He likes to put on Lila's socks and shoes.

With him about to turn three, I have begun to think about potty training. But, he still shows no interest in using the toilet. And we have had some issues with him not wanting to go #2, even in his diaper. I don't get very excited about this venture right now. Two things I don't understand... why wouldn't you want to go in the toilet and why wouldn't you want to take a nap?? :)

Usually, he is my sweet, but loud, little guy. However, if he gets overly tired, we have learned he becomes a crazed maniac. By that I mean, he won't make up his mind but then gets upset about it, screams and yells and kicks. It isn't pretty. The other night I had to hold him down while I changed his diaper and then put him to bed. It doesn't happen very often fortunately. During those moments I have no problem remembering how old he is though :) 

No comments: