Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Cake

Last week was my birthday. I turned 34. It was rather anticlimactic for me because I've been thinking I'm 34 ever since Ben turned 34 in March. Ha! My sister had the day off, so we got to hang out which was fun. Sharing a birthday with someone can be tricky, so it's nice when many of your likes/dislikes are the same. And over the years, we have frequently had strawberry cake for our birthday because we both like it. So this year, I decided to make a cake. I must say, it was kind of nice to just make a cake, spread on the frosting, and be done. No special homemade frosting that I have to tint five different colors and then decorate for two hours. Just done! And it tasted good too. I wasn't the only one who thought so...

This little girl liked it so much, she decided to wear some!

She is definitely no longer a baby.

And oh my, she is a happy girl. Especially with yummy cake.




When you have a cutie pie like this (and 2 others who thankfully are better at keeping the cake off their faces), you don't count the years - you just count the blessings.

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Wow! She has grown up so much since September!!! Happy birthday again. I hope life is going great with your gang! We are all good just gearing up for homeschooling!!!