Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Catching Up

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything! I guess the end of the school year kept me too busy. It has been busy around here, but hopefully I can catch up this summer. For now, I thought I'd share some of our current, everyday life by sharing some pictures I took fairly recently on my phone.

Piper loves to sit in this little rocking chair. She has started to "read" books on her own. She will also sit in Ben's or my lap with a book, and we will speed read it :)

Another favorite activity: putting on Mom's shoes!!

All three kids getting along so nicely, a rare occurrence. Wyatt and Piper were listening to Lila read. She is very good at reading... Ben and I can no longer spell out words to try and talk in code! Piper is a little mimic. If you are laying on the floor on your tummy, she will do the same.

Peek-a-boo over the end of the sofa with Mom.

Wyatt still enjoys building with blocks. In general, he doesn't have too long of an attention span with very many things, but he probably lasts the longest with blocks. Here he wanted me to take a picture of his creations. Usually he tells me they are robots or some type of gun that shoots water or fire. It is hard to capture a natural smile on him, so I'm bummed I didn't get his face in focus but it was still a keeper :) We must have gone to the grocery store that morning because that's where he got the orange stickers.

Piper understands how to play hide-n-seek -- she isn't very good at it yet -- but she gets that hiding is fun. She frequently hides under her bed if we are in her room (whether we are playing the game or not).

About to go enjoy our first swim of the summer at Aunt Janina's pool.

Our most current news is that Lila lost her first tooth! It has been loose for a couple weeks, but this weekend she had the Wii remote cord in her mouth (I don't know why) and when she pulled it out, she inadvertently popped our her tooth! I guess it's a modern recreation of the ole "tie a string to a doorknob" method! :) More pics to come on what the tooth fairy brought her!

Piper making funny faces at me at breakfast.

Dressing up like a princess. Ahh, the joys of a carefree, play-most-of-the-day summer!

No comments: