Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Developments

It's been awhile, or at least it feels like it's been awhile since I posted an update on what's happening here. Lila is back to loving her bath time! The bath paint really did the trick because it got her in the tub and focused on painting, not her fear. After the first time with her diaper on, the next few times I let her keep her diaper on but then said I was going to take it off to wash her bottom right before she got out and she was fine with that. Then the next time I told her she couldn't wear a clean diaper in the tub (since she had just gone potty on the toilet) so she got in without one, but still wanted to stand up. Then the next time I said "if you sit down, you could paint your rubber duckies" and she sat right down! Since then, we have had some baths where we don't even use the paint. Yay!

I also quit fighting her on nap time because no matter what I tried, she either didn't fall asleep or didn't stay in bed. So finally I decided maybe she didn't need a nap anymore but she needed to have "room time". She has been very content to stay in her room until the timer beeps (usually 2 hours) and a few times this week I have checked on her and she has fallen asleep on her own! Wyatt is starting to take longer naps during the day, too.

His night-time sleep is still not great, but we are working on it. We moved him away from Lila's room so we can let him cry a bit more before we go get him. I am hopeful that by next week he will be much better at putting himself to sleep. He is sleeping on his tummy now; I was hoping that would help him not wake up so much at night but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Time will tell.

As far as developments go, he is rolling over like a pro now. He rolls very easily from his back to his tummy. He's also reaching for things, drooling a lot, and can focus on things farther away (like Lila). Still smiling all the time too. Here's some pictures.

Lila reading a book to Wyatt.

Reaching for toys.

Wyatt almost always rolls on to his tummy now if I lay him down.

I took this picture today. It is so nice here and earlier Lila was outside playing. She pulled her wagon out to give rides to Elmo, Cookie Monster and Ernie - then couldn't resist getting in herself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you posted! I don't like seeing them grow up without me, but I guess I should be happy just to see them grow up--even if it's through pictures! I am thankful for pictures! Wyatt looks like he's so interested in Lila's book--or something in that general direction anyway! :-) I think Wyatt looks very much like Ben in the picture of him on his tummy. I love the picture of the wagon ride! Who wouldn't want to climb in there for a ride?? It looks like sooo much fun!
Love ya! Lisa

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job at being Mommy. It's all about trial and error and trusting your insticts; isn't it? Are you able to rest during the day? I know I don't. There's so much to do. So the lack of sleep affects my memory. Wyatt and Lila are both precious. It looks like Lila really loves her baby brother.

Clark learned too quickly how to get out of the bed and come to Mommy and Daddy's room in the morning only. I know nap battles are coming my way too. Room time is a fantasic healthy idea (if you ask me). Mommy needs some time, and it teaches independent play. Way to go!