Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Well, we had a fun meal here at the Amey house, although I'm not sure it could be called "Irish" in any way! Here was my menu:

Chicken "Paddy" sandwiches with shamrock garnish (green pepper)
Rainbow Salad - RED strawberries, mandarin ORANGEs, YELLOW bananas, GREEN grapes and BLUEberries
Pot o' Gold (corn)
Leprechaun Fizz - rainbow sherbet with 7-up

For dessert, I made mint chocolate chip cookies using semi-sweet chocolate chips and GREEN mint chips which I purchased in Wichita, Kansas at the Nifty Nuthouse. If you're ever in the area, it's a neat place to stop and find a treat.

When I was discussing my menu plans with Ben, I asked him if he could think of anything that was an "Irish" food. His suggestion:

It made me laugh so I thought I'd share :)

6 comments:

janinabean said...

your pictures turned out nice--very artsy. Did you serve Ben a wee bowl of Charms with the rest of the meal?

ameybc said...

Thanks! Would have loved to see Ben's face when I served him a bowl of Lucky Charms, but we didn't have any on hand :)

Amanda said...

Very cool ideas for your meal! I was laughing at the Lucky Charms thing too. Though, they are quite tasty!

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I love your great ideas because they inspire me!! Thanks for posting them! You are amazing!

Mel30teague said...

Love the creativity! The kids are so cute. Miss you guys.

Mel30teague said...
This comment has been removed by the author.