Saturday, April 11, 2009

13 Things...

I have seen this done on other blogs and thought it was a cute idea: write 13 things this picture makes you think of. And since 13 is a good number for us (see Ben's blog), I thought I'd try it with this picture.

1. In a two year-old's mind, you can never have enough toys. Lila would have brought him every toy in the bin if I hadn't stopped her.
2. When I look at this picture, I see a glimpse of all the good times ahead for these two.
3. Wyatt didn't care at all about the toys; he was so delighted that Lila was right next to him talking to him!
4. Lila can't get enough of his toys... apparently things you haven't seen in awhile (we had the baby toys in the attic) are very fascinating.
5. Lila has started trying to help calm him down when he gets fussy. She will make funny noises or say his name loudly to get his attention. Sometimes it doesn't work but it usually does.
6. She is so proud when she can help out, with his fussing, or getting a diaper, or trying to put his socks on his feet (no success on that one yet!)
7. In another six months, I think their hair will be the same color.
8. This is one of the rare times that Wyatt has his arms out in front of him. Usually he likes them back by his sides in the "skydiver" pose.
9. The onesie he is wearing is 9 mo. size. He's not yet (almost) six months!
10. Even though there are a couple teether toys in the bunch, Wyatt's preferred "teething ring" is a finger... either ours or his own. His bottom right tooth has broken through and any day now his bottom left should make an appearance. We don't think it will be long before we see the top two either.
11. Lila got her first tooth at six months.
12. I am amazed that you can't see more toys or other stuff on the floor. This room is usually not that clean!
13. I am excited for when Wyatt is a little bit older and they can actually PLAY together!

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I like the list of thoughts! Teeth already!!! I'm not ready for that!! Are you feeding him anything yet?