Saturday, April 11, 2009

Texas Bluebonnets

One of the great things about Texas are the bluebonnets that bloom every year. Driving home from my sister's house one day, I passed a large field of them. So yesterday, we went back there to take some pictures. 

Daddy with the two kiddos.

Lila loved walking through all the flowers!

I finally got her to sit down for a picture.

With a little help from Ben, Wyatt sat for a few minutes to investigate the flowers too.

No, he didn't fall over. We thought he might like being on his tummy but apparently not.

He also didn't like the strong breeze. This was the best shot I could get of the two of them together.


But once the wind died down a little, I was able to get a picture with Wyatt. Lila didn't care about the wind, but she didn't like sitting still for very long.

5 comments:

Alan said...

Great photos! We miss you guys!

- The Smiths

Keri said...

These pictures are great! What a good idea.

A&W said...

Your photos are BEAUTIFUL!! So sweet! I cannot wait to take bluebonnet photos with our little one, maybe next Spring!!

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

OH, I miss the bluebonnets. I agree it's a great thing about Texas. We don't have few many flowers yet, but they'll be here by May. I can't wait!!!

I hope you had a great Easter. I'm looking forward to your post about what things you did, Mrs. Creative Mommy of the Year. ;-)

Katherine Marie! said...

I miss the bluebonnets too!!!! But I don't miss those HOT summer days... These shots are precious---