Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Last Swim of the Year??

This past Labor Day weekend, the weather was GREAT! Nice and cool in the morning, not too hot in the afternoon. My sister invited us to come down to her place to swim one afternoon. Well, the rain that had cooled down the weather had also cooled down the water! The kids still wanted to get in, so Ben jumped in too. (Bless him! - just one of the many reasons I married that man :) My sister and I sat on the edge.)

Lila has gotten a lot braver about "swimming" in the deeper part of the pool using her inflatable turtle. (Thanks Aunt Janina!!)

Wyatt enjoyed splashing his legs in the water. I had to be quick a few times to save my camera from a shower!

He also liked climbing on the stairs.

No trip to Aunt Janina's pool would be complete without some fun pool toys -- but we have to be careful that they don't float into a filter or Lila gets very concerned :)

Swimming with her turtle - she used to have to have one of us holding her to do this.

Swimming to get to the shallow area.

And she's up! Faster than I thought she would be too which is why her head got chopped off in my picture.

Wyatt and Ben.
Wyatt liked throwing the pool toys (big surprise, huh?).

I tried to catch Lila smiling here. (Remember, Ben was in the pool and there were two "lifeguards" on duty too... don't want anyone thinking she was all alone in there!)

Inspecting the blue lips on Wyatt and deciding it was time to get out! With the cooler weather we've been having lately, that may have been our last swim of the year. Guess we will see!

BUT, cooler weather also means we can go on bike rides... the kids think it's fun as long as they are moving. Otherwise, Wyatt does NOT like his helmet!

2 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Awwww....that's one of the best parts of living in Texas. SWIMMING!!!
We have been biking more lately. My kids are the same way. If we stop, they start complaining. But as long as we are riding they are so happy. I hope you guys have a cool fall!!

Keri said...

The colors turned out great in these pictures! So vibrant.