Thursday, September 9, 2010

Starting Preschool

Lila started preschool this week! She attends on Tuesday and Thursday, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. - which means she takes a lunch with her. It has been a little bit of an adjustment for all of us, but I have to say as I was putting away my groceries this morning at 10:15 (yes, that's right - through the store, home and put away in an hour!)... I think it will be a good adjustment :)

Last Thursday we went to "Meet-the-Teacher". Ben and I know Lila's teacher and the school director from when we went to church at Grace, but Lila hadn't met Mrs. Hedges. I don't have a picture of them together because when I asked Lila if she wanted to take one, she said no. Maybe at the end of the year, she will feel differently :)

Here Lila is relaxing in the "reading center".

She found her spot at the table.

And she found some fun toys to play with, so by the time we left, she was excited to come back!

First day of school.
(Unfortunately it rained all day, so I had to take a picture of her in the garage with not so great lighting.)

Wyatt and George rode along of course.

Here she is putting away her backpack and lunch box in her cubby. Not surprisingly, with the last name Amey, she has the first spot.

This isn't a great picture. I tried to be quick and step back in the room to take a picture, but I didn't want to linger because she had been a little clingy. No tears though! They were playing with floam while they waited for everyone to arrive. On the first day, I walked her in, but since then we have used their carpool line for dropping off/picking up. It's nice to not have to undo Wyatt -- and will be really nice when I have a baby in the car as well!

I was impressed that I didn't see any repeats with the backpacks. I figured there would be several people with the same one. Although this is just Lila's class, so there might be some overlap with other classes.

I took this picture when we got back home. He looks a little forlorn, doesn't he? He actually hasn't asked about Lila much (yet). When we went to pick her up today, though, and pulled into the parking lot, he yelled "Lila!" really excitedly.

Some really sweet friends got Wyatt and I a "first day of school" present which included some things for us to do together and a box of tissues (which I'm happy to report I didn't need - although had Lila started crying, I probably would have too).

And when we picked her up and asked if she had fun? I think that's a yes. :)
Ben came home from work early so he could be there when we picked her up. She was really excited to see Daddy, too!

No comments: