Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bluebonnets

Every year I try to get some pictures of the kids in the bluebonnets. This year was no different. There is a nice patch about 20 minutes from our house, so I thought if we went in the evening, the lighting would be nice. However, I didn't think about the fact that no clouds + open field = still sunny. It was also really windy. Oh well. We were there, so we were taking some pictures!

Since Janina lived nearby, she joined us for a few minutes.

She brought Toby along too, although he wasn't very interested in looking at the camera.

Neither was Wyatt.

I thought this would be a cute picture with the "sea" of flowers, but it was just so bright (and hard not to squint)!

This was the only picture I could get of Wyatt sitting in the bluebonnets. He was just not interested in taking pictures!!

Lila would smile for me though.

A picture with Daddy.
(Piper was asleep. Lila got tired of her hair blowing in her face, so she is holding it back.)

Of course, my girl has to pick a couple flowers.

Our friends, the Bleakleys, joined us for some picture taking too. I got a few shots of Evan before he joined Wyatt who was playing in the dirt.

Piper woke up, so I tried to get a few pictures of her (not easy to do when she can't sit up!)

The flower was courtesy of her big sister.

And finally, a shot of the two of them together. There was no way I was going to get a picture of the three of them together!

No comments: