Monday, May 23, 2011

Random Moments From the Past 2 Months

Since I'm so far behind in my blog, I'm once again lumping several pictures together.

Back in March, we went to watch Rachel (our babysitter) run hurdles at her track meet here in Allen. We got there just in time to see her compete, then afterward we said hello.

Piper seemed to enjoy her outing in the stroller, despite the fact that she really couldn't see the track.

I wanted to get a picture of Piper in front of the fence to go along with some pictures I had of Lila and Wyatt in front of the fence. So one evening, Ben held her up so I could take her picture. I just happened to capture this huge smile.

Breezy.
If this picture had sound effects, you'd be hearing her sudden intake of breath :)

One morning Lila wanted me to take her picture with Piper. As we were doing that, Wyatt woke up, so I tried to take a picture of all three of them.

Wyatt was still waking up I think.

So I took one of Lila and Piper.

Then Wyatt wanted to hold Piper.

But Lila decided she still wanted in the picture.

At this point I decided I'd better put the camera down and rescue Piper :)

All three kids with Daddy on the back porch swing.

I took this picture right before Ben and Lila left for "Donuts with Dad" at preschool (in April).

As a special treat, Wyatt got to have donuts with Mom that morning :)

He's a big fan of donuts.

Later that month we met up with some friends and had a picnic lunch at the Dallas Arboretum.

Piper wore her sunbonnet... and her usual drool.

I never would have thought that an exersaucer would be a comfortable place to sleep, but I guess if you're tired enough, you fall asleep anywhere!

She is the only child of mine to fall asleep in this thing. I could hear her starting to fuss but was in the middle of getting Lila and Wyatt a snack. A few minutes later I went to check on her and was surprised to see her conked out. I'm not sure what had me more surprised - that she had fallen asleep in THAT or that she had fallen asleep on her own! (I was worried sleeping like that would cut off her circulation so after snapping a picture, I attempted to move her to her bed without waking her. No such luck.)

Finally, one day we were all a little surprised to look in the back yard and see these two ducks waddling about! We went outside to feed them some crackers, but they were too skittish. So Lila climbed up for a better view. There is a creek nearby but why they were in our backyard, I don't know. They flew away shortly after we said hello.

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Great photos like always and funny commentary! The huge smile picture just warms my heart of Piper. I love the wildlife in your backyard! That's so fun. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful family.