Sunday, August 21, 2011

ISU Fans

My good friend Amanda came to visit back in January, and she brought Piper this cute little Iowa State outfit. Of course it was way too big for her then. It is still a little big for her, but I wanted to try and take some pictures of all 3 kids wearing their ISU shirts -- and I was worried if I waited too much longer that Lila and Wyatt would no longer fit in their shirts. However, I had already taken several pictures of Piper. It was approaching nap time. Which meant my little Cyclone wasn't very cooperative.

I tried giving her the stuffed Cy to keep her happy.

I got one good one.

Then I attempted a shot of all three kids.

Hey, over here! Look at me!

Well, they're all looking at me at least. (I was making funny noises to get their attention, so Lila and Wyatt started to copy me.) Now, I could have stopped here, but I decided the following sequence was just too funny not to share.

My little sports fan was tired. Even big sister and big brother giving kisses weren't cheering her up.

Maybe a change in position? That stopped the tears, but...
"Let me see all these teeth Lila has."

Hey Piper, look at Mommy!
Lila thinks it's funny that you're exploring her face. Wyatt wants to know what's so funny?

Ok, Piper, you're really cracking Lila up with your curiosity.

So close!

"Mom, can we be done now?"

And Wyatt is off. That's ok, we'll just do the sisters. No wait, Lila, you're going to tip her over.

That's better.

Hmm. Maybe she'd be happier if she wasn't being held. 

"I don't want that stinkin' bird. I want to be done!!"

Definitely time for a nap.

See? After a nap, we're still not smiling, but at least we are no longer a grump.

2 comments:

janinabean said...

I can't believe you posted a picture of Piper crying and throwing Cy down. Some Iowa fan is going to see that and get the wrong idea! :)

Brad and/or Bree Banks said...

LOVE these pictures! Thanks for sharing them - and the cute captions - with us! We're looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Bree