Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year for Halloween I decided not to make our costumes. With Wyatt's birthday and some other things, I didn't have time. So I took Lila to the store and let her pick out her costume.

She decided she wanted to be a ladybug.

Wyatt's costume was super easy. He wanted to be Bob the Builder. So we used the toy tools he got for his birthday and some clothes he already had (when we were trick-or-treating, someone asked if he was the Home Depot man. Ha! He doesn't look exactly like Bob, but Wyatt was thrilled.)

I love how nice the weather was for us.

It's hard to get a natural smile from Wyatt. Either I get the closed mouth smile (like the picture before) or this full on cheese!

It wasn't long before Bob and Ladybug were playing with the tools.

Originally, I wasn't going to put Piper in a costume, but at the last minute (the day before) I thought of an idea that would be pretty quick and easy. Can you guess who she is?

The dancer from the movie, Flashdance!

I used Q-tips as rollers to give her hair some more body (since the girl in the movie has a head full of curly hair.)

Originally, Ben and I weren't going to dress up either, but after we found something for Piper to wear, we decided to scrounge around the house and see what we could come up with. Ben became a champion runner.

I'm "Raining Cats and Dogs" :)
We went over and joined some friends for dinner and trick-or-treating in their neighborhood.

Brad and his little shark, Nathanael

Jamison the Dinosaur

Evan the Cowboy (riding a horse!)

Our group coming down the sidewalk.

We got some candy from the Mad Hatter.

Molly made a very cute little cow!

Headed to the next house

Lila was brave and rang the doorbell on her own.

Our last stop was back at our friend's house, where we came in and had dinner. We are blessed to enjoy these fun times with great friends!

No comments: