Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wyatt's 3rd Birthday

Wyatt's 3rd birthday was a prolonged celebration. First, we celebrated the day of his birthday by eating lunch with Lila at school. Then we had a fun visit from Grandpa and Grandma Amey that weekend, followed by his birthday party the following weekend.

Aunt Janina had the day off on Wyatt's birthday, so she joined us for lunch. Wyatt is holding the pencil the school receptionist gave him for his birthday.

Lila was excited to see Aunt Janina. She didn't know she would be there!

We brought cupcakes with us. I had a Bob the Builder theme in mind for Wyatt's party, so for these cupcakes I did his other favorite show... Mickey Mouse! (It was also the easiest decorating possible!)

The cupcakes were those new "fun in da middle" box mix you can buy. I thought I'd try them, but I don't think they were that great for the extra mess.

Grandpa and Grandma brought a present for the birthday boy, which he opened right away the night they got to our house.

The next morning we went outside to enjoy the nice weather.

And Wyatt enjoyed his new toy.

Then I brought out the mini pumpkins we had purchased earlier that week.

Since it was so nice outside, it seemed like the best place to do our painting.

I even joined in the fun!

While Piper was napping, the older kids watched a video with Grandpa.

Then later that evening, we went back outside.

Fun on the slide.

Peek-a-boo!

Piper enjoyed sitting in the grass.

The girls with Grandma.

Wyatt's idea of fun on the slide.

Further proof that he is a BOY.

Our finished pumpkins. Can you tell which pumpkin belongs to each of us? :)

Sunday afternoon before Grandpa and Grandma left...some snuggle time on the sofa.

Then it was time to get ready for upcoming party. Bob the Builder was really popular about 10 years ago, which meant I had to be creative in my party decor as there wasn't a lot of Bob stuff out there. Party favors were: mini paint set with 4 Bob print-outs (found pics online), a plastic candy-filled screwdriver, construction vehicle sticker sheet and a small toy construction vehicle. I put it all in a white lunch sack with a handmade sign.

For the cake, I used the horseshoe shaped pan I had from Wyatt's 1st birthday. Wyatt had a Scoop bulldozer and some other construction items from a blocks set. I used those plus a printout of Bob to top the cake which had a road in need of repairs, complete with edible (chocolate) rocks!

Party Decorations

More decorations
(I think I used every construction/builder toy Wyatt had to decorate! Plus some caution tape and a Bob the Builder banner roll I found at a party store.)

Lila drew some pictures for the party. If you're familiar with the show, you will recognize Dizzy on the red paper, Lofty on the orange paper, and Bob on the yellow paper. I was very impressed; she drew it all from memory.

Food station
I saw the idea online for the cheese balls being "dumped" from the truck. I needed another bag of cheese balls to fill the bowl though, which I didn't have, so I inverted a smaller bowl inside the larger bowl to take up some of the space. The construction caution cones were made by taping a strip of paper around an orange paper cup. We also had sloppy joes (not pictured).

Party guests

Are you ready for the cake now?

Wyatt had recently had a cold, so we just put a piece of cake in front of him rather than risk him blowing germs all over the whole cake. (Notice his Bob the Builder juice bottle... one of the few themed items I could find!)

He was a little shy during the singing.

But gave a good attempt at blowing out the candles.

Then he asked Daddy to help.

Wearing the party hats

Time to open presents!

Evan was willing to help.

What will it be?!

Trying out his new roller blades.

It wouldn't be a party without building some towers.

Then they tried out the play-doh that Wyatt got for his birthday.

After all the party guests left, Wyatt wanted to play outside.

My sweet boy who loves playing in the dirt.

My little munchkin also enjoyed being outside.

Love those sweet, wispy curls.

This was taken a few days later. Wyatt and Piper were playing with the dress-up clothes in Lila's room. Wyatt was helping Piper put on some jewelry.

Wyatt likes putting on those striped tights, but usually that's all the farther he gets before he moves on to something else... like helping his little sister become a princess!

No comments: