Thursday, March 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Dinner

I wanted to do something fun for dinner on Valentine's Day this year. But, I was in the height of my shingles outbreak and didn't have a whole lot of energy. I asked Ben if he had any ideas, and to my surprise, he did! He suggested doing fancy waffles (which worked out great for me since Ben is our resident waffle-maker).

I had seen this idea on Pinterest... freezing dyed milk in a heart-shaped ice cube tray.

Getting ready to eat. I don't always get the expressions that I want when I ask them to smile.

Our waffle toppings included blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles... or maple syrup if you wanted to be more traditional.

Not surprisingly, the kids went with whipped cream and sprinkles. 
Wyatt said, "Mmm... this tastes like cake!"

I had a few krazy straws left over from Lila's class valentine's, so I let the kids use those with their milk.

They really enjoyed getting to doctor up their own waffle. The more sprinkles, the better! :)

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Shingles. I have not read your blog in so long. I didn't know you were battling that. Sorry to hear about that. I hope you are better.