Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Changes

Well, I knew the day would come, and I guess today was that day. Lila came out of her room when she woke up this morning. Gasp! I know for many, ok, most of you out there, this is an everyday occurrence with your children. But up until today, our wonderful 2 year old daughter would stay in her bed until we came and got her! When she woke up, she would just lay in bed and talk/sing to herself. We never forced her to stay in bed, so we were very blessed. But now I guess I will have to start enforcing the "stay in your room during nap time" rule since this is crucial for both her and me to make it through the day with our sanity! :)

Fortunately, Wyatt continues to be a good sleeper at night. Even with the cold he has right now, he is doing pretty well. The first two nights he woke himself up coughing and wanted to eat every few hours. But the past couple of nights he has slept longer (5-7 hours) even if he coughs occasionally. Last night and this morning, I have noticed him cooing a lot more. It was right before he went to sleep so maybe he is entering the "sleepy song" phase? I remember Lila used to get more vocal when she was tired, although she had a high pitch squeal... Wyatt is much quieter. Or maybe he is just finding his voice and wanting to be heard. In this house, that would be quite a feat! :-)

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Oh my! I know exactly what you mean. I dread the day Clark gets out of his bed. The big boy bed is a new thing for us, but I was shocked he just lay there and called out when he is ready to get up. Wyatt is sleeping most of the night? That's great! Joel is doing pretty good. I have a theory of why our second baby has more spit up than the first. I think speculate it might have to do with our milk supply being more developed. Anyway that's what my mind wandered to during a 2am feeding.

Sorry to hear about Wyatt's cold. I figure the second child will get way more illnesses than the first as well. We are trying hard to not get sick, but I find having a two year old is almost impossible to stay away from germs. We were out playing at the toddler mall play area. I was crazy enough to wipe down all the play equipment with antibacterial wipes. (It was just us there.) But as soon as we were done Clark ran to the stroller and ate a Goldfish cracker with his dirty hands. So now he's sick with a cough. I give up!! ;-)