Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Well, as expected, my blogging has slowed down quite a bit. Of course, we've been pretty busy the past couple weeks with the holidays. We spent the week of Christmas in Wichita, Kansas with Ben's family and the week of New Year's here in Dallas with my family. Whew! It was a busy but fun time. Both Lila and Wyatt did GREAT in the car on the way up and back from Kansas. Lila had a blast playing with her cousins. Here are some of my favorite pictures taken in the last two weeks.
No I didn't pose her! She really liked to sit in Grandpa Amey's recliner and use the "temote" to turn on the massage action.

What can I say? It wouldn't be vacation (for some) if there wasn't a little guitar action. Ben with his brother Brian.

Rachel and Lila, cousins only 3 months apart. They had a blast playing together.

Family picture taken on Christmas Eve.

The Amey men, dressed for church.

Lila opening her stocking. Once she pulled everything out, she put it back in. She must have "opened" her stocking 3-4 times after that.

5 year old Britton holding her little cousin Wyatt.

Kaelyn pushing Lila to go see Grandma Amey's pet birds.

Britton and Lila snuggle while watching a cartoon video.

Go Cyclones! Already, Wyatt feels like he should show off his muscle.

My very good friend from college sent Wyatt this ISU onesie (thanks Amanda!)

Grandpa and Grandma Amey with their six grandkids plus Grandpa and Grandma Wiese (Ben's aunt and uncle) with their two.

The "Amey girls" have fun playing on the stairs. 

Lila and her cousin Heath (20 months). You may be wondering, "what's with the big ball in the background?" We got that exercise ball from Ben's mom when we were in Wichita. It is AWESOME for putting a little baby to sleep. Wyatt loves to be bounced and can always tell when you try to sit down... but with the exercise ball you can sit while you bounce! It has truly, truly been a great thing for us!

Ben, my dad, my brother Duey and his son, Jim playing basketball in the backyard.

Lila helps Grandpa Brandt wash the dishes.

Picture of me and Wyatt taken on New Year's Day... for those who wonder why I'm never in the picture :) I stuck my arm out and took the picture and it actually turned out ok!

Grandpa Brandt and Heath feed the ducks at the park. Yes, the first few days of January were in the 70s here. Crazy Texas weather.

Grandpa and Lila.

Ben got Rockband for Christmas. Here's Lila taking her turn on the drums. We got a cute video clip of her "playing" the drums and singing but I don't think I'll get it posted. I'll say it's because I'd have to figure out how to do that (which I would), but really it's because you can hear me singing in the background too :) Now, someone just needs to come up with a Rockband game that has songs like Old MacDonald and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  You know, something a little more my speed! :)

No comments: