Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day

Tuesday we inaugurated a new President. Since this was such an historic day, I thought it would be fun to let that spill over into dinner. So we had star-shaped pancakes with RED strawberries, WHITE powdered sugar, and BLUEberries. Or that was the idea. In theory I want to do more of this... allowing everyday occurrences (not just big holidays) to give us a reason to celebrate. It makes planning meals more fun for me and the kids, even if they are a little young to really get into it. Lila did enjoy her star-shaped pancake, but one was all she got. After I made enough for us to each have a couple, I switched to plain circles. I used a cookie-cutter to make the star and it just took way too long. I had to wait for the pancake to set before I could remove the cutter. It was switch to circles or take 3 hours to eat dinner. A good idea though. If anyone has any other ideas for creative meals, send 'em my way!

2 comments:

Keri said...

What a neat idea, Chickie! I love your creativity.

Mel30teague said...

Your are the coolest mom!! I love your cute ideas. I want to be this creative!