Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bluebonnet Tradition

Every year since Lila was born, we have taken a picture of the kids among the bluebonnets. This year we went on our vacation during the peak of bluebonnet season. But, after we were home, there were still a few bluebonnets out - so we stopped really quick one day to take a picture. It was between lunch and naptime, so we literally hopped out of the car, took these pictures and then went on our merry way. Lila was thrilled. Wyatt was confused.

Lila thought she would help Wyatt sit still by giving him something to hold.

"What am I supposed to do with this, Mommy?"

Lila was happy to pose with the flowers!

I wanted her to lay down with her head propped up in her hands, but she was still holding the flowers - so instead, here she is "smelling" them.

Two years ago, my little girl developed a love for picking flowers (yes, even weeds).

She still loves to pick flowers. I let her pick just one more, and then we were back in the car.

For those who think, isn't it illegal to pick bluebonnets in Texas? I looked it up online and found out that was just a myth... so if that's wrong, well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

4 comments:

janinabean said...

I can't believe she's laying on the ground. The flowers must have distracted her from all the possible bugs!!

Lisa said...

I commend you for continuing the tradition! We were in Texas 7 years and managed to only get pictures in the Bluebonnets 2 years--and both times it was only of Abigail. I never got either son in a bluebonnet shot! :-( Oh well!

I *love* the pictures! Great job! I especially love the one of Lila lying down and smelling the flowers! She is growing up sooo fast! She doesn't even remotely look like a 3 year old anymore! :-( Hmmmm...maybe that's because she's almost 4! It's all happening so fast. I wish we could slow them down a little...like maybe even back to the days when both Lila and Joshua could both fit in the same baby swing!

Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures!

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I forgot about the bluebonnets. They are so beautiful. My boys would have done exactly what Wyatt did. How funny! Lila is beautiful. From an outsiders point of view....time is going by too fast. I remember that baby picture of her like it was yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Love this tradition!
Keri