Friday, July 16, 2010

Road Trip: Great Grandma

The next leg of our trip was stopping to see my Grandma. This picture was taken in my uncle's backyard (he & his wife live in the same town as my Grandma). However, it kind of reminds me of my Grandma's farm - which she lived on most of her life before moving to town - what with the clothesline and windmill in the background. Anyway, I just like this picture because of that. My Grandma is 85 this month. She has 4 children, 12 grandchildren, and 17 great-grandchildren (I think!).

We stayed at my aunt & uncle's house; my parents stayed at my Grandma's house. There was a sandbox where we stayed, so the kids were happy!

The 2nd day of our visit, we went out to my cousin's house/farm to see some of the extended family. Wyatt was enamored with this outdoor cat. He didn't seem to mind the attention.

My cousin Amber is one year younger than me, and she had a little boy, Logan, six weeks after I had Wyatt.

My Grandma with her youngest great-grandchildren (all who were in attendance that day too). I love the little half-smile on Wyatt's face. I see that expression a lot around here; he is my little mischievous guy.

I sat him in the tree to take a picture, and he thought that was great fun! Notice the scratch on his nose? He takes after his mommy that way - I always had some kind of scratch on my face at that age too!

We ate lunch and got out of the sun a bit in the garage. My aunt and cousin had thought of everything - including crayons and coloring books! Here Lila is showing Logan how to color. It was fun to see so much family. The kids will probably be a few years older (at least) before we see everyone again.

No comments: