Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Road Trip: Great Grandpa

Our next stop was Sibley, Iowa... where my Grandpa lives. A few years ago he moved into an assisted living place, so we decided to spend a little time before dinner playing at the town park (a little more room to run around). I used to play at this same park when I was little. Some of the equipment has changed over the years, but this VERY TALL slide is still there. I was very impressed that Lila was willing to go down it!

To give you an idea of how tall it is, you can see Ben standing on the ladder toward the top.

The first time she went down with Daddy.

Then she decided she would be brave enough to go by herself... although not brave enough to open her eyes!

But she went down a couple more times and by the end, she was a pro. I took her up the ladder once, but then came back down (it is high up there!!) Way to be fearless, Lila!

Wyatt probably would have been willing to try the big slide, but we kept him on this one.

Here's a broader picture of the park. It is a really nice park and takes up a whole city block.

Back at my Grandpa's place we had some fun too... riding on Great Grandpa's walker.

Talking on Great Grandpa's phone.

And taking pictures of course!

Here are the "Edwards"... (L-R) Edward Henry Brandt, Duane Edward Brandt, and Wyatt Edward Amey.

2 comments:

janinabean said...

Both of those pictures with Grandpa turned out really well!

Lisa said...

I love these pictures! Next time, can I go with you and go down that slide??? Wow! Thanks for taking one of Ben on the ladder to give us some perspective on the size! I love the picture of the "Edwards"!!!!!! How sweet! What a great picture!!!!!

I'm really enjoying all these posts! You should take road trips more often! ;-)

Love ya!
Lisa