Saturday, January 8, 2011

Taking Pictures

Last year I got a DSLR camera which I have absolutely loved. This year I took a class to learn more about shooting in manual mode. I knew that with my third baby I wanted - and could - take better pictures. She may have less written in her baby book, but her pictures will look better! :) So to that end, I've enjoyed "posing" her and taking pictures in the past couple weeks.


This is Lila's little doll bed. (Like I said, babies are only this little once!)

 After taking some pictures of Piper, Wyatt thought he should have a turn. I had to tickle him to get a smile.

 Trying to get a shot of the three of them together.

 Wyatt and Piper.
Funny thing about this shirt: I got him some Thomas pj's a while ago which he has now outgrown (notice his belly in the picture above). I've managed to get the pants put away, but I haven't been as successful with the shirt. I've tried several times to wash it, but before I can get it put away, he has pulled it out of the laundry basket and put it on! I'm happy to report that I FINALLY got it put away -- and I got him some new Thomas pj's that fit :)

Lila and Piper

Big Sister Lila
This was taken shortly after Wyatt was born.

Big Sister Lila
Two years later with little sister Piper.

And then I gave the camera to Ben to take a picture of me with Piper (since it was a day I'd actually showered, ha!)

4 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Those first two do look professional!!! Sleeping babies make great subjects!! Now I'm looking forward to seeing some snow pictures. I saw that Dallas might get some snow!!! I hope you guys gets lots of good snowman snow!

ameybc said...

Yes, I hope we get snow too! Lila will be SO excited if we do :) We got snow a couple of times last winter so maybe we'll get lucky again!

Brad and/or Bree Banks said...

Love your comment about having showered that day...I know what you mean! That can be a major accomplishment!

Great pics of your darling kids!

Bree

MelindaK said...

These are excellent! Especially love the ones of Lila and Piper.

If you wany some far-out inspiration for poses while Piper is sleeping, check out this article on a Helsinki woman who creates dream world for her baby while she sleeps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/02/milas-daydreams-adorable_n_667477.html#s121521&title=undefined