Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Growing Girl

I thought I'd post a little update on Piper. I wish I could say she has been an awesome sleeper at night, but she's been a normal newborn...keeping us awake for a few hours each night. However, she's been a pretty good baby otherwise with only a few bouts of unexplainable fussiness.

 Here she is at 1 week old. 

 And here she is at 2 weeks old.
She has a fairly dark complexion right now. Aunt Janina said the correct term to describe her is "swarthy" but since that brings to mind pirates, I prefer to think of her as my little papoose. :)

She had her 2 week check-up yesterday and weighed in at 7 lbs. 13.5 oz. She measured 20.5 inches. Oh, and yesterday just happened to be her due date too... so possibly what she would have measured if she'd been full term? Who knows, but she's definitely gained back her birth weight and then some!!

Grandma Brandt gave Piper this stuffed turtle for Christmas, so I took a picture of her with it :) Now, I just need to remember to take a picture of them again when Piper turns one... and maybe again when she turns eighteen :)

1 comment:

janinabean said...

So the turtle is the new moose?! Nice!

Did I really say she was swarthy or did i just say that swarthy meant dark hair/skin??? :)

That must be another Andi hat--very cute.