Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anniversary Dinner

Today was our 9 year anniversary. We decided to go out to eat to celebrate and bring the kids along, rather than hire a sitter. They were both very good during dinner and provided some entertainment too. For instance...

Our waiter came to our table and asked us what we'd like to drink. He said, "I've got tea, lemonade,-".
Before he could finish, Lila said, "Oh, I'd like some lemonade, sir. My mommy taught me to call men "sir" and I call girls... I call them... I call them... I can't remember what I call them." (Probably why she's called me "sir" a few times!) We were all chuckling at her explanation though. Guess now we need to work a little harder on not interrupting :)

The past nine years have been wonderful - can't wait to see what comes next!

4 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Happy Anniversary. I think it's fun to bring them along for stuff like that. After all they are a big part of your glorious nine years too. I'm so glad your children bring you joy and laughter. I am so happy for you.

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 9 years!

Brad and/or Bree Banks said...

Happy Anniversary! I can just picture Lila explaining everything to the waiter...so cute! Sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I wish we could hear more of Lila's explanations in person. Want to visit Vegas any time soon?