Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas 2009

Well, I'm finally trying to catch up with my blog. Since the beginning of the year, Wyatt was sick, then Lila, then Wyatt again. Hopefully we are done now for awhile! Anyway, for Christmas we drove to Alabama to spend the week at my parents' house. My sister went with us, so we had 3 adults, 2 kids and 3 dogs in the van. Fun times :) Before we left, we celebrated our own little family Christmas.

Traditional picture in front of the tree.

Wyatt wasn't that interested in opening gifts - something that I am SURE will change by next year!

Lila got a dollhouse for Christmas from us... can you tell she is excited?

When we got to my parents' house, Lila got to help decorate the tree (they waited because they knew that she had so much fun decorating our tree).

This lovely ornament I made when I was Lila's age (3 and 1/2).

My nephew, Heath, really enjoyed building with the blocks.

Lila and Heath

Everyone doing Ring-Around-the-Rosie. Wyatt (behind Lila) thought it was a lot of fun!

Another traditional picture in front of the tree: Heath, Lila, Wyatt and Jim.

The weather was pretty nice while we were there, so one day we walked over to a nearby neighbor to look at his goats. This was taken in the driveway before we left.

Wyatt had a bouncy ride, which he enjoyed.

Heath with his dad, my brother Duey.

Wyatt and Ben.

Wyatt and Lila playing the piano with Aunt Janina.

Lila and Wyatt with Grandma in their Christmas finery.

Grandma and Grandpa Brandt with Lila and Wyatt

Grandma and Grandpa Brandt with Jim and Heath

Grandpa reading Wyatt and Lila a book.

Our car ride from Texas to Alabama took about 12 hours with stops. The kids did really well. On the car ride home though is when Wyatt first got sick - vomiting in the car and then later he had a blowout at McDonalds. Both times Ben was the one to clean him up, so I just want to say what an incredible man I've got. Yes, he was the unlucky one who happened to be sitting in the backseat when it happened and didn't realize what he had when he volunteered to change Wyatt's diaper, but still - no complaining at all. And there were a couple men who came out of the restroom making faces so I know it wasn't pretty. It is certainly one trip we won't be forgetting anytime soon. :)

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Isn't it always something....wow what a way to end a great holiday vacation. Ben gets the SUPER DAD award for sure!! I have never seen your brother and Heath (or at least didn't realize it). That was great seeing them. Thanks for sharing. It was so fun to see everyone!