Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Everyday Happenings

Since I've been so behind in my blog, I thought I would give a little picture of some of the things we do around here, just day-to-day.

Lila loves to do crafts, color, paint, etc. She is always excited to try something new. I love Target's $1 section at the front of the store because they have fun, cheap things to do. I got this little acrylic paint set (6 colors) for $1. She had a blast.

Ring-Around-the-Rosie... aka... the one time I can pull my brother around and then make him fall down and I don't get in trouble.

We decided we weren't going to put Lila in preschool this year, but I wanted to give her some stimulation because she is so bright and always asking me "what can I do now, Mom?"... so we do "school" where we focus on a different letter each week and try to learn some short words that begin with that letter. I also try to come up with craft activities that relate to the letter somehow, and we pick out library books that use the short words we are learning. Last week was letter J (jet, jam, jump). This week we are doing letter K. Oh, and if it fits, I also try to do a bible story. Letter J had a lot of options! Jonah, Joseph, Jesus... she really enjoys anything we do but this just helps me come up with ideas. As I read back through, I realize it sounds like we do a lot - but we maybe spend 30 minutes on it each day. Usually before she has her room time and while Wyatt is napping.



Wyatt continues to grow and learn as well! He is adding new words to his vocabulary - this weekend he picked up "pizza" which sounds like "beeta". We've also started letting him feed himself some things with a spoon. He loves this and will ask for the "byune" (it's hard to spell what it sounds like). You can tell from the first picture that he is also working on getting in some teeth!

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I'm so glad to see some ideas and hear what you've been up to for preschool stuff. We've been doing some everyday too. It's the one thing that gets neglected unfortunately. So I have to MAKE myself do it. I have planned theme weeks to work through different literature and skills. This week is trains and threes since Clark's b-day is coming up. Keep posting what you've been doing. It's encouraging!