Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Piper Josette Amey

Well, I didn't get my blog full updated before the baby arrived. How could I know she would decide to come two weeks early?!

Piper Josette Amey was born at 11:58 p.m. on December 17, 2010. I guess she decided she didn't want to miss any Christmas festivities! :)

 She weighed 6 lbs, 5 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long... our smallest baby! Oh, and she had a full head of very dark hair.

 A nurse took our picture after she was born.

 Daddy got to hold her and thought she was SO light weight compared to our "little" boy, Wyatt (who weighs somewhere around 35 lbs now).

 The next day the kids came to the hospital to meet their baby sister.

 Lila was particularly taken with her.

 Aunt Janina took a turn holding her too!


 A friend of mine made this little hat for Piper. I got so many compliments on it! The nurses all thought it was the cutest thing.

 Here's a better picture of her dark hair.

Full body shot. The hospital dressed her in the candy cane socks and "Special Holiday Delivery" hat. There were six other babies born the same night as Piper.

 Here she is all snapped in and ready for the car ride home. She protested a little but didn't scream about the car seat the way my first two did.

Since we've been home, Lila has asked to hold Piper several times! She has also informed us on how to take care of her/what could be wrong when she cries. She is quite the helper and big sister! :)

Hopefully I will get back and post a few of my older updates... I seem to have time in the wee hours of the night right now :)

3 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

How blessed you are! I still can't believe you are blogging. You give me hope, girl. I do love the little hat. So cute! She is beautiful.

ameybc said...

Jenna, I posted this at 6:30 this morning... and worked on it twice throughout the night when I was up with Piper. There's not a whole lot you can do when everyone else is sleeping, so I'm glad I can blog a little :) As she sleeps more through the night, I expect to update less frequently!

Keri said...

I love the picture of you, Ben, and Piper (even though you can't see Piper very well). Two loving parents! If you're reading this during the middle of the night, I'm sending you good vibes. Hope she's taking to nursing ok. Way to go, Chickie!