Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

For Thanksgiving, Lila's preschool class had a Thanksgiving feast for lunch, and we were invited to join them. Each child brought a part of the feast (ham, turkey, cheese, fruit, rolls, etc.)

 Here Lila is standing next to her assigned seat.

Before we ate lunch, the kids recited a Thanksgiving poem, then said a prayer. The little boy sitting next to Lila is her best friend at school -- or as she calls him, "the one that I love."

Washing hands in the sink before we eat.

Here she is posing - eating a cheese cube. Not surprisingly, she was one of the last children to finish her lunch.

Here she is picking out a cookie. Lila was "assigned" the cookies. I made some sugar cookies, and I also made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies (I tried to make these gluten-free because there is one little girl in Lila's class who is allergic to gluten... but then I learned that my vanilla had gluten in it! Oh well!)

This was the best picture I could get of the two of them together. Wyatt ate his lunch seated in the stroller, but once he finished I let him out to go sit next to Lila.

No comments: