Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Dimple!

This year I had plans to work with the kids (Lila) to make some handmade Valentines to send to family, but somehow I thought I had more time than I did, I guess. The day arrived and we hadn't made any. So instead, I sent out this digital Valentine.

I tried to catch Piper smiling, but I wasn't fast enough to get her full smile. This was just a half smile. Then later that day when she smiled at me, I noticed something I hadn't seen before: a dimple!! (I think I hadn't seen it before because she likes to give sideways smiles.)

So the next day I tried to get a picture of her dimple. But after spending five minutes trying to get her to smile with no success, this was the best picture I could get of the dimple. It is a bit more pronounced when she smiles. Now, I always thought dimples were genetic, but I can't think of a single person in either of our families who has dimples. Maybe after her chubby cheeks go away, she will no longer have a dimple, I don't know. But it is fun!

Checking out a new toy... she wasn't so excited about it just yet.

Funny pic :)

This is probably the best picture I've gotten yet of the color of her eyes right now.

3 comments:

The Bleakley Family said...

These pictures are so adorable. I love that dimple!!! You are making me want to get a new camera & learn how to use it... maybe when I have a little more time. :)

Keri said...

A dimple!?! Maybe she inherited it from "Auntie" Keri. :) Love it!

janinabean said...

I didn't know you got her a jungle gym or whatever you call it. I'm sure she thinks it's cool :)