Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

A few weeks ago it snowed in Texas. Right now, we have ice on the ground. Not nearly so exciting or fun as snow! In fact, after playing outside for awhile, I'm not sure who had more fun: Lila or Kelsey, our dog.

See, Kelsey likes to catch snowballs. She will jump up and try to catch them mid-air. It is fun to watch.

Wyatt thought it looked like a fun thing to do, so Ben helped him make a snowball to toss.

He quickly got the hang of it and started making his own snowballs to throw. I circled his snowball, so you could see what Kelsey is about to attack.

Here's a picture of how we Texans dress for snow. We put plastic bags around our feet before we put our shoes on... it's called makeshift snow boots!

Lila was having fun too.

Seriously, Kelsey was in dog heaven. I don't think the kids have ever played with her this much (the only other thing she likes to try to catch as much is a balloon.)

Lila thought it was fun to throw her snowballs at the fence.

She also thought it was fun to go really fast down the slide!

The next day my parents arrived, so everyone (minus Grandma and Piper) trooped back outside to play some more. This time they built a snowman.

Our snowman was a fireman with good oral hygiene!

I confess I didn't last very long outside. Trying to take pictures gives you cold hands! But, before I went in, I handed the camera over to Ben and took a picture with the kids. (You don't realize how pale you are until you stand right next to a bright red coat!!)

Gotcha! They didn't want to stop playing to take a picture, but I snuck one in anyway!

3 comments:

Brad and/or Bree Banks said...

Love the makeshift snow boots! We did the same thing! ;) So glad y'all got to play outside...hope you enjoy the snow today as well!

Bree

Ben said...

Our kids are not going to understand that snow in Texas is RARE.

janinabean said...

I've been meaning to tell you...that B&W pic of Lila is turned out very artsy/professional looking. I really like it.