Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' birthday. To celebrate, we had Cat in the Hat pancakes.

These are fun because you get to eat them by dipping them in syrup!

Before dinner, Wyatt had to get his hair washed up a bit from playing outside in the dirt.

Yum, yum!

These were super easy to make too. Just divide your pancake batter in half and add some red food coloring to one bowl. (I used Wilton food coloring which is a paste - not sure how liquid food coloring might change the consistency of the batter). I used a 1/4 cup measure to pour the bottom pancake and a 1 Tb measure for the rest of the hat... 5 "red" layers and 4 white. I cooked them on a griddle so they could all cook at once, and then I just stacked 'em up!

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Do your kids like the new Cat in the Hat show on PBS? Clark loves it, and he repeats everything on that show. Now my kids are obsessed with the Cat. :-) Very cool idea.

I hope you are you planning some St. Patty's foods. I love to see what you do. I'll be in the hospital this year having a baby, but I'll taking notes for next year. I love to copy you. :-)