Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

We spent this Christmas at home (no family visiting). Janina did come up and spend the night on Christmas Eve, so she could be here when the kids woke up on Christmas morning. Because she knew it would be early :) Before we went to our Christmas Eve service at church, I attempted to take some pictures of my coordinating family.

The best shot I could get of the three kiddos together.

Family shot
Ha ha, this was a comical undertaking. This is the only picture where we are all looking at the camera. That alone I consider success. (Note to self: next time make sure you don't put the person who is as tall as the Christmas tree IN FRONT of the Christmas tree.)

Then I turned off the flash on my camera.

Lila
Janina and I worked to get her hair curly for the special occasion.

Wyatt
I think I did get one of him smiling his big cheese smile, but this just captures his personality so much better!

Piper
She just thought it was fun to sit in the rocking chair. Next to the ornaments on the Christmas tree :)

Aunt Janina and Lila

On Christmas Day, we invited our friends, Mark and April, to join us for lunch. We had a great meal and enjoyed an afternoon of playing games and playing with the kids. Lila even sang Feliz Navidad for us (she learned it in school and had told Mr. Mark at church the night before that she would sing it for him as his Christmas present!) Piper was there too - her high chair was next to Ben and didn't make it in the picture.

No comments: