Saturday, January 7, 2012

One Year

Here are some pictures I attempted to take of my on-the-move 1 year old. 

These pictures give her hair a reddish cast that is not there in real life. Her hair has lightened up some, but it is very much brown, not blond or red. The light from the window was casting a warm glow, I guess.

She likes to make the "Indian noise" (not politically-correct, I know) but you know where you pat your mouth while saying "ahhh":)

I gave her some Christmas ornaments in an attempt to get her to sit still.

Trying to pick them all up.


A couple days later it was warmer, so I attempted to take some outside shots. This is a much more accurate picture of her hair and eye color.

But I had to put her in a bucket to keep her from crawling away!


She was not happy about being in the bucket until I started tickling her.


I don't even remember - I told her 'no' about something. Life is hard when you don't get your way.

But she recovered.

This was taken on New Year's Day. She got this dress for Christmas. I think I had to put that headband back on her head about fifteen times. She would ignore it for a few minutes, but then she'd just reach up and pull it off. 

She is full of spunk. At one year old, she likes to be where the 'big kids' are and will crawl toward their voices. I have heard her say "Dada", "Mama" and "Lila" (sounds more like Lala). She definitely says Dada the most. She still likes peek-a-boo. When I play hide-n-seek with Lila and Wyatt, she will look for me too. She is a great eater and will make the more sign if she sees something she wants to eat. Or reach out her hand and beckon for it. She is gaining more confidence in her walking; she will walk if I'm holding just one of her hands. She will often let go of things to stand on her own and then give the biggest "look at what I can do!" grin. She has only taken a couple unassisted steps, but it won't be long before she is running, I'm sure. Both Lila and Wyatt like to hold her hands and help her walk. She is happy-go-lucky usually. If she starts to get fussy, that is the signal that it's nap time. Or the aforementioned big brother or big sister are trying to hold her down :) She is the only baby I've ever held that gives great hugs (at this age). She wraps her arms around your neck and gives a big squeeze! She LOVES unloading the dishwasher - whether it needs unloading or not - and she has a sixth sense about the back room gate (the one gate we have in our house). If it's open, she is through it.

She brings such joy to us all.

No comments: