Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Week in Alabama

We've been home a week now, so I thought I'd post some pictures from our trip to Alabama to visit my folks. It was Lila, me and my sister driving 11 hours. On the way out we stayed at a hotel in Memphis, so we broke up the trip a little bit. That turned out to be a good thing because about 2 hours into our trip, Lila developed a fever. Which meant she was either sleepy (good) or cranky (no fun!). Praise God the next day she was feeling better and it didn't turn into anything, so we were able to enjoy our week with Grandma and Grandpa. My grandmother was there for the first couple of days too, but then she had to go home. Here are some pics:


Lila reading a book with Great-Grandma (my grandma)!

Lila and Grandma (my mom) together.

Some of you may know the Loftons (used to live in TX and go to our church). They live in Chattanooga now and one day Lila and I met up with Jenna and Clark (16 months) at a McDonald's halfway between Huntsville and their house. This is the best picture I got of the two of them together.

Lila enjoying herself in the McDonald's playplace. As a parent you get many opportunities like this one to trust God when it comes to germs and the health of your child :-)

One day we went to visit Grandpa's office. Lila was a big hit with the secretaries as she shared many of the animal sounds she knows. I wasn't sure if she would clam up and be shy, but she did great!

That night we went bowling (ok, I didn't). Lila got to bowl for the first time. The shoes were too big for her, but they didn't fall off. She liked rolling the ball down the lane using the special "help" (this slide and the bumper rails in the gutters). However, the ball return ended the fun. It was loud and shot the ball out really fast. After a few frames, she informed me "I don't like that" and didn't want to bowl anymore. Aunt Janina finished off her game with a respectable score of 138.

Grandpa and Lila at the bowling alley.


Here's a picture of Lila on the car ride home. She liked watching a video, but these headphones lasted about 2 minutes. That just meant we got to listen to the Little People video with her :-)














No comments: